Social Icons

pages

Sunday 29 September 2013

Juan Mata's super performance wins a champions league chance for him in Jose Mourinho's squad.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has admitted that he was delighted by Juan Mata's super performance at white Hart lane on Saturday.

For that wonderful performance,  mourinho said Mata has won a starting shirt for himself when chelsea locks horns with Steaua Bucharest in a champions league encounter on tuesday night.

Mourinho expressed his delight following the spaniard's second half performance in the blues 1-1 draw with Tottenham at the White hart lane.

Mata came of the bench to turn around a lopsided game, which seemed to have favoured the home side throughout the first 45 minutes.

Throughout the second half mata took the game in his hands and paid off when John terry nodded his free kick into the net.

His impressive performance got Jose Mourinho who until now have not seen anything special about the two time chelsea footballer of the year on his toes. Mourinho had made it clear that Mata was not his favourite in the forward positions,  saying that he could only get playing chances by showing he deserves a place in the squad by proving himself in the pitch.

"This is the way players have to tell me they want to be in my team. I sometimes make mistakes as a manager, "mourinho said "But I make my decisions on what I see in training and on the pitch. I liked what mata did against Swindon in the capital one cup and I put him on the bench today"

"Now I like what I see when he plays for 45 minutes.  I am a very happy manager when I see Juan Mata playing like this. I can tell you now that he will play against Steaua Bucharest in the champions league on Tuesday-he deserves the chance. I want my players to tell me they want to play. Juan told me that today"

Mata said:" I just tried to do my best for the team. Everyone wants to play.  I respect all of my team mates and I want to enjoy it on the pitch.  Today I did it"

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a welcome development for chelsea. Mata is valuable player and I think mourinho now understands that.

    ReplyDelete