Social Icons

pages

Thursday 13 March 2014

Why I Cut My Dreadlocks----Ruud Gullit.


Just like the UEFA champions league trophy,  former Dutch international,  Ruud Gullit was equally a centre of  attraction on Thursday at the Eko hotels and suites Lagos,  Nigeria where he unveiled the 2014  Champions league trophy to the media.

Gullit who is the Heineken Champions league trophy tour Ambassador to Nigeria looked unrecognisable without his trademark dreadlocks. He told  the Nigerian media that the reason he cut his dreadlocks was to draw the line between the Ruud Gullit in the pitch and the Ruud Gullit outside the pitch.

"Its not been easy without the locks but I needed to carve a different image different from when I was playing.  I have lived 14 years without my trademark locks. At times it makes it difficult for people to recognise me. It is indeed good as the book of Ruud Gullit with the dreadlocks has been closed for an entirely different life outside the pitch."


The Dutch later said that he was sure that Nigeria Super Eagles would do well in the World Cup in Brazil.

"Indeed I watched the Super Eagles when they won the African nations cup in South Africa. Since then they have grown in confidence and understanding. And coach Stephen Keshi has been doing a good job on the team......,"

The Heineken Ambassador added that since the World Cup would be played within the period when the weather in Brazil would be hot, the Super eagles have an advantage in the hot weather to pull results in their favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment